Tough, Smart, Compassionate Defense in Austin, TX
The Law Office of James Clark
Being accused of a crime is a stressful, frightening, and often confusing experience. It can severely disrupt and derail your entire life. The police, prosecutors, and judges don’t have your best interests at heart. Even friends and family who want to help might give you wrong information or misinformed advice.
If you are accused of a crime:
- You need a tough lawyer who will fight for your rights and your freedom.
- You need a smart lawyer who understands the law and the criminal courts, and who will pursue your case with diligence and strategy.
- You need a compassionate lawyer who will take time to understand your needs and communicate with you about your case, the legal process, and your options.
I have the skills, experience, and passion that you need in a lawyer.
- I believe that criminal charges are NOT the final word in your life’s story.
- I believe in understanding your perspective, your concerns, and your goals, because no two clients are the same.
- I believe in standing up to the government when they accuse you of a crime and try to take your liberty.
- I believe that diligent and thorough preparation, skillful litigation, and professional negotiation are the key ingredients to obtaining the best outcome for your case.
- Above all else, I believe in your freedom and your dignity.
From low-level misdemeanors to the most severe felonies, all criminal charges can carry serious and life altering consequences. You need someone on your side to protect your rights and your future! I have experience in all areas of criminal law including:
- All types of theft and fraud offenses
- Assault and aggravated assault
- Family violence
- Weapons and firearms offenses
- Drug possession and distribution
- Robbery and burglary
- Sex offenses
Expunction and Orders of Non-Disclosure
Even when your case is dismissed or you are found not guilty, an arrest record can continue to haunt you for many years, showing up on background checks for housing, jobs, professional licenses and more.
However, you may be eligible to get an order of expunction or non-disclosure from the court, allowing you to move on with your life.
Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
Were you arrested or targeted by law enforcement for protesting, political organizing, or exercising your First Amendment rights? Is law enforcement trying to question you about your political activities or political beliefs? Does your case involve issues of police abuse or misconduct?
Your rights to political dissent and to be free from abuse by law enforcement are paramount.